Wednesday, January 27, 2010

even hell and back,lerry and i should have drank more by J.J. Campbell

even hell and back

your hatred is a
beautiful light
that blinds me
every time i fall
to my knees

i always wanted
my love to win
this war

and as i lay here

another night

alone

i realize losing
is one sour fucking
taste that is hard
to get rid of

no matter the
lengths one is
willing to travel
to


leery

there's a
few stray
cats that
hang out
by the big
barn out
back

they are
always
leery of
me when
i set out a
little food
and water
for them

they are
smarter
than they
even know


i should have drank more

another morning
where i had exactly
no intention of ever
waking up

and after my third
trip to the bathroom
in the first hour of
being awake

i once again proved
myself correct


Bio: J.J. Campbell (b.1976) lives, writes, but mostly dies a little each day in Brookville, Ohio. He's been widely published in the small press over the last decade or so, most recently at Opium Poetry 2.0, Zygote in My Coffee, AlternativeReel.com, Art:MAG and FUCK!. J.J. also had had many chapbooks published over the years. You can contact J.J. via email at jcampb4593@aol.com or via his homepage http://sites.google.com/site/losersincsite/